Wednesday, September 4, 2013

L'Shana Tova !

 Allen West~ LTC (Ret), former United States Congressman (R) and current contributor for Fox News and PJ Media & Dir of Programming at Next Generation TV

 The following was posted to Allen's FaceBook Page. 
https://www.facebook.com/ElectAllenWest


"For thousands of years, the shofar has called the Jewish people together for many reasons, including ushering in the new year. On this Rosh Hashanah, I pray the shofar will not be needed to sound an alarm of war for the people of Israel. Let it instead be used for all across our own nation (United States), as the philosopher Moses Maimonides suggested in the 12th century,
 "Sleeping ones! Awaken from your sleep! Slumbering ones! Awaken from your slumber! Examine your deeds, and turn once again to God."

 L'Shana Tovah to all, and especially the people of Israel. 
Rest assured there are many of us who will never abandon you."

(May the L-rd bless Allen West with the blessing from Genesis 12:3 ~ 

The 2 Spies)


2 comments:

  1. Amen! I agree with LTC West's statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shofar, it reminds me of a ram who was substituted when Abraham was to offer his son, and reminds me of my Messiah who was offered in my place for my awful sins. It reminds me to be a watchman on the "walls of Jerusalem" that Jerusalem will be a praise in the earth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Your post will appear soon.